5 Easy Steps to Care of Your Teeth
Practicing good oral hygiene is an essential part of daily body care. This article talks about easy and essential ways to prevent your teeth from tooth decay.
Brush your teeth.
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is important. But did you know that you can improve the quality of your brushing by implementing small techniques?
- Brush your teeth for not less than 2 minutes each time your brush.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle and brush in short up and down movements.
- Do not apply too much pressure.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
Choose the appropriate toothpaste.
Like brushes, the number of different kinds of toothpaste available can be perplexing. We recommend that you purchase plain fluoride toothpaste.
Floss at least once a day.
Flossing allows you to reach those areas that your toothbrush might not be able to. Flossing in the evening allows you also to remove any remaining food particles that may have accumulated during the day.
Consider a fluoride mouthwash.
Use a fluoride mouthwash approximately an hour after brushing your teeth, doing so before may deactivate the active ingredients in your toothpaste.
Visit your dentist regularly.
Last but not least, you should visit your dentist once every six months.